books

books

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Week 23: Book Fair #2

The Book Fair Returns...

Our second fair was held this week, and we met all of our sales goals! So I am excited (and ex.haust.ed) and still trying to remove the stench of dirty pennies from my fingers. If you would like to read more about how the Book Fair rolls at Shaw, then please read this post.

I was most excited to see how many students would return their "Make a Date with a Book" cards from the previous week. I got back 32! I think I checked out around 80 books, and considering that the students only had a week to go on their "dates," I'm happy with this result. These 32 students got to choose a free book from the Book Fair! I couldn't resist letting all of them win, and I have plenty of money in my Scholastic Dollars account to use for freebies.

Returned cards

Happy 6th Graders!

Free Books!


I just have to include this picture as proof of what I'm dealing with during the Book Fair. I am the cashier, so I touch/count/deal with ALL of the money (I HATE it, by the way. Thank goodness the books are free in the library).  I had to teach so many students about "money etiquette," how to properly hand money to a cashier (un-wad the bills, have your coins counted...life lessons). I wonder if the cashiers at Wal-Mart have to unfold bills that are in the shape of hearts? Book Fair problems... 



No comments:

Post a Comment