books

books

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A New Challenge

For those of you who have not heard the news, I will be joining the librarian team at Mesquite High School (my alma mater!) next year, and I am SO EXCITED! I have loved every moment of my four years at Shaw Elementary, and it is REALLY hard to leave, but it's time to return to my high school roots. That means that I'm packing up the Red Reading Chair and will no longer be blogging as an elementary librarian. My husband helped me move the chair into our girls' playroom last night, and I want to create a reading nook for them over the summer. The chair has special meaning to our family, and I hope to write a post over the summer about its significance and also post pictures of the finished product.

Just because I'm making the move to high school does not mean I'm going to stop reading to kids. I have BIG PLANS about incorporating read alouds into the high school classroom, and I will start a new blog about that adventure when the school year begins, so I will still be sharing picture book ideas. I will link this blog to that blog, so I would love it if you continued to follow me on this new journey.

Thank you so much to those of you who have read and followed my blog this school year. I love the idea of this blog living in cyberspace as a snapshot of a year in the life of an elementary school librarian. I challenge you to start your own blog and share your ideas. We need to show people that school librarians do so much more than checkout books. We TEACH and make an IMPACT on our campuses each and every day.

I will be blogging throughout the summer on My Western Sky, my personal blog. I actually wrote a post about why I want to be a high school librarian, so you can read that here. You can also follow me on GoodReads and see my Summer Reading List

I hope you all have a wonderful, RELAXING summer full of lots of time to READ!!

Here's to Summer...




No comments:

Post a Comment